The cells underneath our skin are constantly undergoing changes. The dead cells fall on the skin, which are known as dandruf. If your hair are gripped by fast changes it is better to consult a doctor. dandruf is of two kinds – dry and oily. Dry dandruf causes itch, while oily dandruf remains sticking to the scalp.
There are several possible causes for dandruff: stress, bad nutrition, lack of rest, frequent use of gels and hair sprays, excessive use of hot curling irons, … . Dandruf is worst during cold winters and less severe during summer. Dandruf is an enemy of the hair. It weakens the roots. Consequently, hair start falling off. This is a kind of contagious disease. Dandruf sticks on the skin of the scalp in a cake form and block free flow of air to the hair roots. As a result, hair become weak at the roots and loosen their hold. Using the comb, soap or brush of a man suffering from dandruf is dangerous as it is contagious.
dandruff Treatment: There are many ways and means of treating dandruf. The best treatment for dandruf is to wash hair regularly with a mild shampoo. Some doctors also recommend the use of anti-fungal agents for the treatment of dandruf, but this remedy is quite controversial. dandruf, is best treated with a specific anti-dandruf shampoo. To reduce flaking, gently shampoo your hair using the pads of your finger and try not to starch. There is no lasting cure for dandruff. You can try to control it however. Use a good dandruff shampoo to get rid of it. You might have to try out several different types of shampoo before you find the one that is best for your scalp. It is important to experiment. Remember that when you stop the treatment of your scalp and hair with dandruff shampoo, the dandruff will return. The shampoo should be massaged into the scalp and left on for 3-5 minutes before being thoroughly rinsed. The hair and scalp should be shampooed with this type of shampoo 1-2 times a week.
Dandruff should improve within 1-2 weeks of starting treatment, but will commonly recur if treatment is stopped.
Home remedies for remedies Following are some of the simple tips to prevent dandruff:
– Dandruff is mainly caused by unhealthy food habit, excess intake of junk and oily food. Avoid them if you really want a permanent solution of your dandruff problem.
– Restrict your intake of tea, coffee, and other beverages. Similarly, meat, sugar, chocolates should also be avoided.
– Include juicy fruits, but not citrus fruits. Banana too is not referred for people suffering from severe dandruff.
– Take a balanced diet that includes green vegetables, grams, cereals, fruits, etc. Drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice.
– Always keep your hair clean, use herbal shampoo, avoid using shampoo with strong artificial fragrance.
– Comb your hair daily. This will keep the blood circulation normal inside the scalp. Prevent your scalp from becoming oily and dirty. Massage the scalp with some good herbal oil using your finger tips, by moving the fingers in a circular motion all over the scalp.
– Avoid milk, dairy products, sea foods, animal proteins and fatty foods.
– Vitamin C is not good for dandruff. So try to avoid most sour tasting foods rich in vitamin C. Therefore, tomatoes, oranges, lemons, tamarind, etc. which contain acidic content, must be avoided.
– Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet. Green vegetables are considered best in fighting the dandruff.
– Do not take fermented foods and baked products like breads, cheese, wine and all kinds of alcohol.
– Use of hair color and hair dye should be restricted for dandruff infested persons.
– Some people believe that dandruff is increased by stress. So, try to keep yourself free from stress. Perform yogic exercises that will help you in relieving stress.
– Dandruff tends to be formed more when the skin is dry. So, keep your hair well oiled. It will also strengthen your hair at its roots.
Curd is very popular and effective home remedy for dandruff. Keep a small quantity of curd for fermentation for 2-3 days. Apply this curd to the scalp and hair. Dry it for 1 hour and wash it off. It not only removes dandruff, but also makes your hair shiny.
– Vinegar is an effective in removing dandruff. Add 2 tablespoons of cosmetic vinegar and 6 tablespoons of hot water. Apply this mixture all over the scalp, cover the scalp with cloth and keep it overnight. Wash hair with plain water or add little of that mixture if required. This should be done twice a week for three months.
– Another common home remedy for dandruff is the regular use of the combination of olive oil and ginger root on the head. It will not only reduce the dandruff but also nourishes the hair at the roots.
– You can also try this simple and effective home remedy for removing dandruff. Make a paste of sandalwood oil with triple the amount of lemon juice and to apply it on the scalp.
– You can also prepare a gel of aloe vera leaves. Apply this on the scalp and leave it overnight. Wash it with a shampoo, preferably containing shikakai the next morning.
– Another simple home remedy for dandruff is lemon juice. Take 1-2 teaspoon of freshly prepared lemon juice and rinse over the scalp and wash it away. It not only makes the hair lustrous but also prevents it from dandruff and lice.